Drawing from Retention:
With a unloaded and EMPTY firearm, practice drawing from the holster and under concealment.
1. In a circular motion rotate from arm straight down
2. Lifting up the shirt coming behind the firearm
3. Taking proper grip
4. Disable retention
5. Pull up out of the holster and keep rotating forward
6. Bring firearm up to chest
7. Meet off hand for full proper grip
8. Push out to target.
9. Adjust aim
10. Repeat until your aim does not need adjustment
This is a great drill if you have a “Blue Gun.” The drill cost nothing and increases muscle memory. Don’t rush it, do it slow and smooth. The speed will come with practice.